Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - September 23, 2012
Day 40 - Encouraging Responsibility
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
Powered by Series Engine
Training our children for healthy independence
- we don’t own our children
- we are helping our children move from parental control to self-control
- letting them go can be hard for parents
- a gradual process over eighteen years
- allow them to make their own decisions and learn from their own mistakes
unhealthy control can be caused by wanting to look good, fear of failure, stress, or perfectionism
How can you allow your children to learn from their mistakes while still protecting them sufficiently?