Marriage Course - September 4, 2012
Day 18 - Conflict Resolution
Why is some conflict inevitable in every marriage?
• we are different-different backgrounds, priorities, desires, personalities, opinions
• no good trying to force our partner to do things our way
• must see ourselves as being on the same side (3-legged race)
• we are naturally self-centered
• need to ask ourselves, "Are there ways I need to change for the sake of our partnership?"
Question:Does the inevitability of conflict in marriage surprise you? Why? How does it challenge or affirm your approach to conflict?
From Series: "Marriage"
More From "Marriage"
|About the Marriage Course||Ryan Sim||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||Marriage Course||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Introduction Part II||Marriage Course||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 - The First and Second Seasons of Marriage - Spring and Summer||Marriage Course||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 - The Third and Fourth Seasons of Marriage - Autumn and Winter||Marriage Course||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 - Building Strong Foundations||Marriage Course||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 - Make Time for Each Other - Planning Marriage Time||Marriage Course||August 22, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 - Make Marriage Time a Priority and Protect It||Marriage Course||August 23, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 - Nurture Each Other||Marriage Course||August 24, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 - The Art of Communication||Marriage Course||August 25, 2012||Watch||Listen|