Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - August 19, 2012
Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play
• having a vision for our familu life
• pausing to think about what we want to achieve
• what will our children’s memories be of us and their home in twenty years, time?
Goals for our family life - When they are adults, will our children associate their upbringing with:
• having fun together as a family?
• being listened to?
• being able to talk through difficult choices?
• being encouraged and affirmed?
• being valued for their unique personality and gifts?
• knowing they are loved?
• learning important values of honesty, generosity, etc.?
• learning to think about others?
• being prayed for?
• having clear boundaries for their own protection?
• seeing kindness modeled?
The importance of play
• using their imagination
• learning skills
• playing on their own
• playing with others
• indoor and outdoor play
• limiting screen time
Did you have fun with your family growing up? When do you have the most fun together as a family now?
Related Topics: Children, Family, Fun | More Messages from Parenting Children | Download Audio
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|About the Parenting Children Course||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||August 13, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Challenges||August 14, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 – Family Provides Support||August 15, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 – Family Provides Fun & A Moral Compass||August 16, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 – Experiencing & Observing Healthy Relationships||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 – Practicing Healthy Relationships (and Parenting Alone)||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 – Screentime||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|