Parenting Children - September 6, 2012
Day 23 - Setting Boundaries Part I
Right and Wrong Choices
• teach the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behavior
• explain the consequences - pleasant for good behavior and unpleasant for crossing the boundary
• tell them that the choice is theirs
• teaches them to take responsibility for their own actions
• reward “right choices” with descriptive praise
• use a "star chart” or the equivalent for persistent issues
• have negative consequences for "wrong choices.”
What can help you reinforce “right choices”? What consequences can you put in place for “wrong choices”?
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|Day 20 - Combining Love and Limits - Why Boundaries Matter||Parenting Children||September 3, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 21 - The Challenges of Setting Boundaries||Parenting Children||September 4, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 22 - Where do we set boundaries||Parenting Children||September 5, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 23 - Setting Boundaries Part I||Parenting Children||September 6, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 24 - Setting Boundaries Part II||Parenting Children||September 7, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 25 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part I||Parenting Children||September 8, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 26 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part II||Parenting Children||September 9, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 27 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part III||Parenting Children||September 10, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 28 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part IV||Parenting Children||September 11, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 29 - Modeling and Practicing Relationships - The Power of Listening||Parenting Children||September 12, 2012||Watch||Listen|