Parenting Children - September 6, 2012
Day 23 - Setting Boundaries Part I
Right and Wrong Choices
• teach the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behavior
• explain the consequences - pleasant for good behavior and unpleasant for crossing the boundary
• tell them that the choice is theirs
• teaches them to take responsibility for their own actions
• reward “right choices” with descriptive praise
• use a "star chart” or the equivalent for persistent issues
• have negative consequences for "wrong choices.”
What can help you reinforce “right choices”? What consequences can you put in place for “wrong choices”?
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|Day 30 - The Power of Listening - Part I||Parenting Children||September 13, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 31 - The Power of Listening - Part II||Parenting Children||September 14, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 32 - Relationships with siblings and other children Part I||Parenting Children||September 15, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 33 - Relationships with siblings and other children Part II||Parenting Children||September 16, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 34 - Relationships with siblings and other children Part III||Parenting Children||September 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 35 - Handling anger - Ours and theirs||Parenting Children||September 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 36 - Helping our children manage their anger - Toddler tantrums||Parenting Children||September 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 37 - Helping our children manage their anger - Older children Ages 5-10||Parenting Children||September 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 38 - Teaching our children to manage their anger||Parenting Children||September 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 39 - Teaching our children to manage their anger Part II||Parenting Children||September 22, 2012||Watch||Listen|