Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - September 8, 2012
Day 25 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part I
1. Be Fair and Clear
• are they old enough to understand our instructions?
• are we expecting too much for their age?
2. Use your voice effectively
• use a serious tone of voice to teach what "no" means
• aim not to shout unless warning of danger
3. Action gets results
• shouting and threatening are ineffective
• important to take action over bad behavior,
• i.e: follow through with a consequence
What choices have you given your child(ren) today? What encouragement have you given for right choices this week? What unpleasant consequences have you used for wrong choices this week?
Related Topics: Boundaries, Children, Family, Values | More Messages from Parenting Children | Download Audio
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|About the Parenting Children Course||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||August 13, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Challenges||August 14, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 – Family Provides Support||August 15, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 – Family Provides Fun & A Moral Compass||August 16, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 – Experiencing & Observing Healthy Relationships||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 – Practicing Healthy Relationships (and Parenting Alone)||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 – Screentime||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|