Parenting Children - August 21, 2012
Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding
• for children, love is spelled T.I.M.E.
• children need quantity time as well as quality time
• significance of first eighteen months of a child's life
• who will be our child's main caregiver?
It can be hard to work out balance of parenting and employment
• working at home/from home
• the time we spend with our children is more powerful in communicating our love than anything we say We need to prioritize our time
• learning when to said "yes" to our children and "no" to other people and things
• the only place we are indispensable is at home
• we need to plan our time
• time with the people who are most precious to us doesn't just happen
• if married, plan marriage time" each week
• as a parent, plan "family time" each week
• plan some one-to-one time with each child (we will look at this in detail later in the course)
We need to protect our time from:
• the TV
• the telephone
• other people
• our work
What demands on your time stop you from spending time with your children?
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|About the Parenting Children Course||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||August 13, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Challenges||August 14, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 – Family Provides Support||August 15, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 – Family Provides Fun & A Moral Compass||August 16, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 – Experiencing & Observing Healthy Relationships||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 – Practicing Healthy Relationships (and Parenting Alone)||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 – Screentime||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|