Redeem the Commute is a resource for any church in the GTA that wants to help busy people with some areas of life most under stress from commuting. Our mobile app and web site offer free courses that take less than ten minutes a day.
We offer five main courses:
- The Marriage Course – for any marriage, strong or struggling, based on Christian principles but designed for anyone
- The Parenting Children Course – for any family with children under 10, based on Christian principles but designed for anyone
- The Parenting Teenagers Course – for any family with children 11 and up, based on Christian principles but designed for anyone
- Christianity 101 – for anyone asking big questions in life, introducing basic Christian beliefs
- Daily Challenges – for anyone trying to follow Jesus, particularly those disconnected from Christian community
How can your church benefit? You get:
- High quality courses for members to share, free, with their neighbours, friends, colleagues or family.
- A great resource for organic small groups formation, that keeps scattered groups in sync.
- A daily discipleship rhythm for busy church members
How do we use the Church Resource Kit?
Offer all five courses in a kit:
- Find a week where you are preaching on evangelism, mission, missional practice, etc.
- Encourage each member to take a kit of five cards, or put them in bulletins
- Ask each member to identify five kinds of people who aren’t churchgoers, are busy, and have a mobile device or computer. Perhaps they’ve invited them to church before, or they just have a sense that wouldn’t be the right starting point.
- A married couple
- A young family
- A family with teens
- Someone exploring their spirituality, or asking big questions about life
- A Christian disconnected from church community
- Have them pray for those five people, and spend some time with them.
- Encourage them to give those cards out when the topic comes up.
- Have members offer to take the courses “in sync” with their friends, watching the same videos/podcasts on the same days, and discussing what they’re learning every time they are together.
OR Promote Individual Courses:
- Find a week where you are preaching on one of our course topics like marriage, parenting, or Christian basics
- Encourage each member to take a card, or put them in bulletins
- Ask each member to identify non- churchgoer interested in the course topic
- Have them pray for that person, and spend some time with them.
- Encourage them to give them a card when the topic comes up.
- Have members offer to take the course “in sync” with their friend, watching the same videos/podcasts on the same days, and discussing what they’re learning every time they are together.
OR Simply have cards available at a welcome table, community info board or elsewhere.
How do I order?
Contact Ryan with the quantity needed, and they can be shipped direct, or picked up from our office. Please consider offsetting our costs. Our actual costs are as follows, although shipping costs can sometimes be combined:
- 250 Small Envelopes with All Five Business Cards Inside – $50
- 250 Marriage Business Cards – $15
- 250 Parenting Children Business Cards – $15
- 250 Parenting Teenagers Business Cards – $15
- 250 Christianity 101 Business Cards – $15
- 250 Daily Challenge Business Cards – $15
Prices for other quantities will vary, please contact Ryan for a specific quote.