Marriage Course - August 26, 2012
Day 10 - Effective Communication
• communication involves the message, the speaker, and the listener
• building intimacy in marriage involves hearing each otheros experiences, thoughts, feelings, and desires
The importance of talking
• telling each other our thoughts and feelings
• may have been taught to hide feelings during upbringing
• will take courage and practice to re-Iearn how to talk about feelings
• some have difficultu recognizing what they are feeling (if this describes you, please see the optional homework exercise: Identifying Emotions)
Question:Complete the worksheet under "Extras -> Study Guide"
From Series: "Marriage"
More From "Marriage"
|About the Marriage Course||Ryan Sim||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||Marriage Course||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Introduction Part II||Marriage Course||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 - The First and Second Seasons of Marriage - Spring and Summer||Marriage Course||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 - The Third and Fourth Seasons of Marriage - Autumn and Winter||Marriage Course||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 - Building Strong Foundations||Marriage Course||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 - Make Time for Each Other - Planning Marriage Time||Marriage Course||August 22, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 - Make Marriage Time a Priority and Protect It||Marriage Course||August 23, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 - Nurture Each Other||Marriage Course||August 24, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 - The Art of Communication||Marriage Course||August 25, 2012||Watch||Listen|