Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Marriage Course - September 12, 2012
Day 26 - The Importance of Shared Faith
When we expect our partner to meet all our needs, We inevitably fail each other and get hurt, causing our marriage to spiral downward.
When we look to God to meet our needs for significance, security, and self-esteem, we are better able to give to each other.
• helps us connect with each other in a meaningful way
• ensure prayers are vertical, not horizontal and manipulative
• five to ten minutes a dad is better than one hour every month
• ask each other, What can I pray for you today?"
• accept the same requests day after day
• draw on God's promises from the Bible and start with thankfulness
• don't give up even if you have young children
• the closer each of us is individually in our relationship with God, the closer we are to each other as husband and wife
• if one has upset the other, say sorry before praying
• be deliberate and plan it into your schedule
• if you're not comfortable praying, find other ways to connect and support each other on a daily basis
Question:Ask your husband or wife if there's one thinq they’re concerned about at the moment. Then if you are comfortable prayinq, pray for each other. Otherwise, express your support in some other way.
Question 2:Complete the Worksheet found under "Study Guide"
Related Topics: Faith, God, Marriage, Prayer, Relationships | More Messages from Marriage Course | Download Audio
From Series: "Marriage"
More From "Marriage"
|About the Marriage Course||Ryan Sim||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||Marriage Course||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Introduction Part II||Marriage Course||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 - The First and Second Seasons of Marriage - Spring and Summer||Marriage Course||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 - The Third and Fourth Seasons of Marriage - Autumn and Winter||Marriage Course||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 - Building Strong Foundations||Marriage Course||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 - Make Time for Each Other - Planning Marriage Time||Marriage Course||August 22, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 - Make Marriage Time a Priority and Protect It||Marriage Course||August 23, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 - Nurture Each Other||Marriage Course||August 24, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 - The Art of Communication||Marriage Course||August 25, 2012||Watch||Listen|