Parenting Children - September 21, 2012
Day 38 - Teaching our children to manage their anger
1. Recognize it's a long process
• typically it takes at least eighteen years!
• help them to realize that talking through an issue that has upset them is more productive than behaving badly
2, Try to find the root cause of the anger
• listen to your child
• HALT - are they Hungry, Anxious, Lonely or Tired?
• may not be easy to work out root cause - they may not know
• if we don't find the root cause, they can become angrier or suppress their emotions, leading to rebellion later
• create environment of openness and honesty to encourage communication
Complete the attached worksheet
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
More From "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
|About the Parenting Children Course||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||August 13, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Challenges||August 14, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 – Family Provides Support||August 15, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 – Family Provides Fun & A Moral Compass||August 16, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 – Experiencing & Observing Healthy Relationships||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 – Practicing Healthy Relationships (and Parenting Alone)||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 – Screentime||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|