Marriage Course - August 24, 2012
Day 8 - Nurture Each Other
Nurturing involves seeking to meet each other’s emotional needs for affection, encouragement, support, comfort, etc,
• we all have a longing to be loved and to be known by another
• empty space inside that needs to be filled up with love
• when empty, we feel alone or lonely giving each other emotional support refills the empty space inside
• we are made for close relationships
How to nurture
Be proactive rather than reactive:
• being reactive means focusing on each others shortcomings
• being proactive means focusing on each other’s needs
• proactive behavior draws couples together because each one feels loved; when we feel loved, we feel like loving
Study each other:
• recognize each other’s needs
• often our partner’s needs and desires will be different to our own
• discover what matters to your husband or wife. otherwise we tend to give what we like to receive.
• needs change over time
• make requests, not demands
• we can't assume our husband or wife automatically knows our desires. We must tell each other.
Question:Complete the worksheet under "Extras -> Study Guide"
From Series: "Marriage"
More From "Marriage"
|About the Marriage Course||Ryan Sim||July 1, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 1 - Introduction||Marriage Course||August 17, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 2 - Introduction Part II||Marriage Course||August 18, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 3 - The First and Second Seasons of Marriage - Spring and Summer||Marriage Course||August 19, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 4 - The Third and Fourth Seasons of Marriage - Autumn and Winter||Marriage Course||August 20, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 5 - Building Strong Foundations||Marriage Course||August 21, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 6 - Make Time for Each Other - Planning Marriage Time||Marriage Course||August 22, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 7 - Make Marriage Time a Priority and Protect It||Marriage Course||August 23, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 8 - Nurture Each Other||Marriage Course||August 24, 2012||Watch||Listen|
|Day 9 - The Art of Communication||Marriage Course||August 25, 2012||Watch||Listen|