Why is some conflict inevitable in every marriage?
- we are different-different backgrounds, priorities, desires, personalities, opinions
- no good trying to force our partner to do things our way
- must see ourselves as being on the same side (3-legged race)
- we are naturally self-centered
- need to ask ourselves, “Are there ways I need to change for the sake of our partnership?”
Does the inevitability of conflict in marriage surprise you? Why? How does it challenge or affirm your approach to conflict?