- our words can affect how our children think about themselves for the rest of their lives
- don’t give praise indiscriminately – look for attributes and actions to commend them for
- words of affirmation build them up and will affect their behavior and achievement
- practice commending for success more than criticizing for failure
- correct mistakes without condemning the child
How natural do you find it to speak affirming words to your child(ren)? What helps you as a parent to give more praise than criticism?
[todochecklist todoid=1291 title=”Mark as Complete:”]