Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - August 19, 2012
Day 7 – Setting Goals and The Importance of Play
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
Powered by Series Engine
- having a vision for our familu life
- pausing to think about what we want to achieve
- what will our children’s memories be of us and their home in twenty years, time?
Goals for our family life
When they are adults, will our children associate their upbringing with:
- having fun together as a family?
- being listened to?
- being able to talk through difficult choices?
- being encouraged and affirmed?
- being valued for their unique personality and gifts?
- knowing they are loved?
- learning important values of honesty, generosity, etc.?
- learning to think about others?
- being prayed for?
- having clear boundaries for their own protection?
- seeing kindness modeled?
The importance of play
- using their imagination
- learning skills
- playing on their own
- playing with others
- indoor and outdoor play
- limiting screen time
Did you have fun with your family growing up? When do you have the most fun together as a family now?