Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - August 21, 2012
Day 9 – The Importance of Bonding
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
Powered by Series Engine
- for children, love is spelled T.I.M.E.
- children need quantity time as well as quality time
- significance of first eighteen months of a child’s life
- who will be our child’s main caregiver?
- can be hard to work out balance of parenting and employment
- working at home/from home
- the time we spend with our children is more powerful in communicating our love than anything we say
- we need to prioritize our time
- learning when to said “yes” to our children and “no” to other people and things
- the only place we are indispensable is at home
- we need to plan our time
- time with the people who are most precious to us doesn’t just happen
- if married, plan marriage time” each week
- as a parent, plan “family time” each week
- plan some one-to-one time with each child (we will look at this in detail in Session 2 Part 2)
- we need to protect our time from
- the TV
- the telephone
- other people
- our work
What demands on your time stop you from spending time with your children?