Speaking affirming words is one of the five love languages.
- the words we speak to our teenagers can stay with them for the rest of their lives
- tell them of your love and pride in them affirm them (not just when they please you; not just for their achievements)
- affirm their looks
- aim at five positive comments for every one negative comment
- find things for which to praise them
- loving words build confidence and affect their attitudes
- loving words can be spoken and written
Which of the five expressions of love do you find hardest to show to your children?