Home is a place where teenagers learn how to build healthy relationships.
- Teenagers learn to relate through observing adult relationships
- If parenting together, invest in your relationship (take our marriage course!)
- If parenting on your own, build the best relationship you can with the other parent, when possible
- Nurture other adult friendships
- Mealtimes together – teenagers learn to talk, listen, debate issues, and respect others’ views
- Regular family time – having fun together ias a family helps build relationships between parents and children and between siblings (consider having a weekly “family night”)
How can you intentionally model healthy relationships with others in your life, for your teenager to learn from?