We look at the importance of our home being a place of safety and acceptance.
- Our family can be a shelter from the different storm our teenagers will face: disappointment, failure, rejection
- When they are hurt, they need our comfort and consolation
- We can demonstrate this practically by allowing them to talk and by listening to them
- Effective communication with teens requires time
- Discussing and debating with teenagers is more effective than lecturing and judging them.
What changes would you like to make to your family’s home life, in the area of safety and acceptance?