Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - September 19, 2012
Day 36 - Helping our children manage their anger - Toddler tantrums
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
Powered by Series Engine
- normal toddler behavior between twenty months and four years old
- you are not a bad parent
- remember HALT
- think ahead – distractions, choices, routines
When faced with full-blown tantrum
- assume impassive face and body language
- if in public, stay close or hold with firm hug till anger subsides
- once over don’t show too much relief
For you, what will be hardest about reacting to a tantrum in this way? Why?