Share a Link to this Message
The link has been copied to your clipboard; paste it anywhere you would like to share it.Close
Parenting Children - September 8, 2012
Day 25 - Helping Children Make Good Choices Part I
From Series: "Parenting Children Ages 0-10"
Powered by Series Engine
. Be Fair and Clear
- are they old enough to understand our instructions?
- are we expecting too much for their age?
2. Use your voice effectively
- use a serious tone of voice to teach what “no” means
- aim not to shout unless warning of danger
3. Action gets results
- shouting and threatening are ineffective
- important to take action over bad behavior,
- i.e: follow through with a consequence
What choices have you given your child(ren) today? What encouragement have you given for right choices this week? What unpleasant consequences have you used for wrong choices this week?